Deputy Commissioner Gujranwala Sohail Tipu found dead in apparent suicide
Assistant medical superintendent (AMS) at the District Headquarters Hospital also endorsed that according to initial Reports Sohail had allegedly committed suicide.
“Upon commissioner’s request, when we reached the DC house, we found the body hanging from the fan,” he explained.
What caught the attention of police and gave a different angle to the story is the fact that the hands of Sohail were tied from the back prompting investigators to look for different aspects of the case.
Tipu was appointed as deputy commissioner in Gujranwala on December 11, 2017. He is survived by three daughters and a son, who reside in Lahore.
- PM Shehbaz’s son sends Rs1 billion defamation notice to PTI's Imran ...02:40 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Emergency declared in Quetta as monsoon rains kill 13 in Balochistan02:26 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In a first, Indonesia book place in ICC World Cup01:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- IHC disposes of petition against arrest of journalist Imran Riaz Khan12:52 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022