PM Nawaz, COAS Raheel knew about US strike on Mullah Mansour: FO
According to the FO, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif were informed about the drone strike that killed Mansour.
The statement adds: “According to the information gathered so far, a person named Wali Muhammad S/o Shah Muhammad carrying a Pakistani passport and an I.D. Card, resident of Qilla Abdullah, entered Pakistan from Taftan border on 21st May."
The statement explains that Wali Muhammad's passport bore a valid Iranian visa, and that he was travelling in a vehicle rented in Taftan, which was found destroyed at Kochaki along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border after the strike.
The driver, Muhammad Azam, has been identified and his body has been collected by relatives, according to the FO. Meanwhile, the identity of the second body, reportedly Mansour's, is being verified based on evidence at the attack site.
The statement adds that the drone attack was a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty and said Islamabad wanted to remind the world that the fifth meeting of the Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QCG) held on May 18 had reiterated that a politically negotiated settlement was the only viable option for lasting peace in Afghanistan.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 170 runs target for England in 6th T20I09:15 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan court declares 13-year-old Christian girl’s marriage as ...08:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan condemns terrorist attack on educational institution in Kabul07:29 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:47 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new sizzling photos04:20 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022