Afghan Taliban briefed Pakistan about Qatar negotiations: News agency
NEW YORK - A US news agency has confirmed visit of three Afghan Taliban to Pakistan for informing Pakistani authorities of the ongoing tasks held in Qatar between the Afghan Taliban and Kabul administration.
The men who visited Pakistan included Maulvi Shahabuddin Dilawar, a former ambassador to Pakistan, Mullah Jan Muhammad Madani, a former foreign minister and Mullah Abdul Salam, a former deputy education minister.
According to the news report, Afghan ambassador to Pakistan, Hazrat Omar Zakhilwal was aware of the meetings but did not offer any details. The meeting was reportedly confirmed by Pakistani officials who accentuated the need for long-term peace in the region.
Afghan officials confirmed two meetings had been held since September in Doha, however, a Taliban spokesman in a statement refuted reports of talks.
The first ever face-to-face meeting between Taliban and Kabul was arranged by Pakistan in 2015. The process was not successful after the Afghan government announced the death of Taliban founder and leader Mullah Omar years earlier.
The new Taliban Chief Mullah Akhtar Mansoor showed a sketchy interest in resumption of talks and he too was fatally attacked by a drone strike.
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020