SC to hear Panama Leaks case on November 1 ahead of Islamabad lockdown call
Notices in this regard have already been dispatched to the concerned parties asking them to bring supporting documents on the day.
The apex court also asked PM Nawaz, his family members and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar to submit their response to the notices issued before November 1.
The notices issued to the prime minister and others have asked them to follow the rules and regulations and bring with them their national identity cards.The development came on Friday after the hearing was adjourned for at least two weeks on Thursday.
Multiple political parties had moved Supre Court citing the delay in Panama Papers probe by the government. Meanwhile, PTI has threatened complete lockdown of federal capital.
On the other hand, the PML-N led government was of the view that PTI should not took to streets as the matter was sub judice.
It all erupted after a sizeable document named Panama Leaks was leaked from the database of a law firm in Panama called Mossack Fonseca and studied by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ).
The documents confirm that the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s two sons and a daughter were allegedly holding offshore assets outside Pakistan.
- Govt refuses to divulge information on gifts received by PM Imran ...03:20 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- LHC full bench hearing cases against Musharraf, Zardari and Gillani ...02:10 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Kiwis captain terms pulling out of Pakistan ahead of historic series ...01:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- At least eight killed in shooting at Russian university in Perm ...12:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subasi stuns fans with new swimsuit photo05:26 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021