Punjab to shut down old brick-kilns from Oct 27
The decision has been taken in a meeting presided over by Smog Commission Chairman Dr Pervaiz Hasan. The meeting was attended by representatives of Brick-Kilns Association and Environment Protection Department (EPD).
Previously, it was decided to shut down the brick-kilns from October 20, but the date had been extended till Oct 27 after a request of brick-kilns association and consultations with Advisor to Prime Minister on Climate Change Amin Akram Khan.
The owners have been requested to convert their brick-kilns to new zig-zag technology during this period. The brick-kilns will have to be shut down in case of any abrupt weather change which could cause Smog, the owners were told.
The government has also imposed Section 144 from Oct 1st, banning the burning of substandard fuel including plastic, garbage, polythene bags in brick-kilns.
The factory owners have been warned that action under Section 144 will be taken if they would not install smoke controlling equipment in their factories.
- NAB presents ‘Corona-positive’ patient in court01:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Tecno and M&P celebrate 1 billion sales record01:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Airplane disappears in snow cloud seconds after landing (Video)12:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan Naval Chief visits Turkish Naval Shipyards12:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020