Pakistan is an important country in South Asia: Nepalese Foreign Minister
The Foreign Minister of Nepal, Prakash Sharan Mahat called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the 71st UN General Assembly session in New York.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif highlighted that there is tremendous potential to enhance bilateral trade relations.
Current trade volume of US$ 1.36 million per annum was far from satisfactory. Both countries could work together in the fields of agriculture, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure and automotive industry, the meeting reiterated.
The Prime Minister stressed the need for early conclusion of a bilateral Free Trade Agreement.
Cooperation in multilateral fora, particularly SAARC was also discussed. It was agreed that there is a need to making SAARC a more effective body to bring about a meaningful improvement in the lives of the people of South Asia.
The Prime Minister looked forward to welcoming Prime Minister Prachanda at the 19th SAARC Summit to be held in Islamabad in November.
The Prime Minister asked the Foreign Minister to convey good wishes to Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal on assuming responsibilities as Prime Minister of Nepal and expressed the hope that both leaders could work together to enhance bilateral relations.
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019