Zalmi Foundation hands over 50,000 masks, protective gear to Afghanistan
ISLAMABAD - Zalmi Foundation has donated coronavirus protective gear to Afghanistan in a bid to help it combat the pandemic which has killed more than 177,000 across the globe.
Javed Afridi, Chairman Zalmi Foundation, has handed over 50,000 masks and 1,000 protective suits to an envoy at the Afghanistan embassy in federal capital, read a statement issued by Zalmi Foundation on Thursday.
Prime Minister Imran Khan wanted to foster healthy relations with neighboring countries. Keeping in mind this wish of the premier, "we, ( Zalmi foundation) are providing aid to Afghanistan," Afridi said.
The statement further said that the foundation was playing an active role to help the government tackle the pandemic and that it had donated Rs10 million in the prime minister's COVID-19 relief fund.
The Zalmi Foundation has also provided Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with surgical masks and protective suits and helped the poor in several parts of the province by donating rations in several districts, the statement added.
- Pakistani pharma giant charters private jet to import COVID-19 drug ...10:25 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan Army spox warns India of befitting response to any military ...09:46 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PM Imran hails top spy agency’s sacrifices for Pakistan09:00 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020