PM Nawaz to chair strategic cooperation meeting in Ankara today
A joint declaration will be issued at the conclusion of the meeting and a number of agreements/MoUs are expected to be signed to strengthen ties between Pakistan and Turkey.
The Prime Minister will hold talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on bilateral, regional and international issues.
Prime Minister Sharif will also visit the Turkish Parliament to reaffirm Pakistan’s unequivocal support and solidarity with the Government and people of Turkey against the botched coup attempt in Turkey last year.
Earlier on arrival at Esenbõga Airport, Turkish Minister for Youth Ahmad Akif Cagatay Kilic received the Prime Minister at the Esenboga Airport. Ambassador of Pakistan to Turkey Sohail Mahmood was also present.
The Prime Minister was accompanied by Begum Kalsoom Nawaz, Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Minister for Commerce Khurram Dastgir and PM’s Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs Tariq Fatemi.
The Prime Minister was presented a guard of honour and salute by a contingent of Turkish guard. Children attired in traditional dresses presented bouquets to the Prime Minister.
Meanwhile, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also hosted dinner in honour of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and his entourage at Presidential Palace in Ankara.
Both discussed regional issues and especially the issue of Afghanistan besides exchanging views regarding the recent spree of terrorism.
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021