Khadim Rizvi and other TLP leaders sent to jail on judicial remand
LAHORE – An anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Punjab capital yesterday sent Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi, Pir Afzal Qadri and four others to jail on a 14-day judicial remand.
A large number of TLP activists and supporters gathered outside the court. Strict security arrangements were made in and outside the court while a heavy contingent of security personnel was deployed to deal with any unforeseen situation.
Earlier this month, the ATC had remanded them in police custody for 20 days.
Rizvi, along with a number of his followers, was taken into 'protective custody' in November last year after law enforcement agencies began a countrywide crackdown on the far-right religio-political outfit, which paralysed normal life across the country in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision to acquit Aasia Bibi - a Christian woman who had been sentenced to death on blasphemy charges, on October 31.
Khadim Rizvi, other TLP leaders charged with ... 06:46 PM | 1 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The chief of Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi and other party leaders has been ...
Rizvi, Qadri, Allama Aijaz Ashrafi and Illama Farooqul Hassan have been accused of delivering hate speeches against the state institutions and fuelling countrywide protests. The TLP leaders have also been charged with inciting people to damage public and private property during the protests.
Khadim Hussain Rizvi taken into 'protective ... 10:14 PM | 23 Nov, 2018
LAHORE - The chief of Tehreek-e-Labbaik, Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi has been taken into custody by Punjab police amid ...
According to the figures issued by the government, a total of 2,899 people were taken into protective custody from across Punjab while 139 persons from Sindh and 126 from Islamabad were also taken into custody during the crackdown.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Indian police shoot dead 4 suspects in rape-murder case01:55 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019