Pakistan, IMF enter into $500mn agreement; Dar says deal will strengthen rupee, State Bank
Secretary Economic Affairs Division Tariq Bajwa signed the agreement on behalf of the Pakistan Government while Acting Country Director Anthony Cholst signed for the World Bank.
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, who witnessed the ceremony, said the government had embarked upon a program of much-needed economic structural reforms three years ago and made substantial progress in this regard. He said Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves would cross the twenty-two billion dollar mark by the end of this month.
Anthony Cholst, in his remarks, congratulated the government of Pakistan for making significant progress in stabilizing the economy and initiating reforms for greater revenue mobilization and private sector growth.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021