Interim law minister vows to successfully complete FATA-KP merger
While chairing a meeting of the committee constituted by the prime minister for facilitating FATA’s merger with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Zafar asserted that the process would be completed at any cost.
The minister emphasized the need for achieving targets that he was briefed about particularly the administrative, legal, financial and legislative issues hindering the smooth transition regarding merger .
He also constituted two sub-committees comprising officials from ministries of law, interior and finance to sort out financial matters as well as drafting rules and laws to facilitate the merger process.
Additional Chief Secretary KPK also apprised the law minister about the status of rehabilitation of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) to their respective areas.
The meeting was held to review the decisions that were taken in the last meeting. The meeting was attended by officials from the ministries of SAFRON, Planning and Development, Finance, and Law.
Secretary Finance and Secretary Home KP, and representatives Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), General Headquarters (GHQ), Military Operations Directorate, Additional Chief Secretary FATA, Additional Secretary PM office were also present.
- Watch: Russian President Putin smashes 8 goals in ice hockey match11:36 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Israeli attacks on Palestinians, Al-Aqsa Mosque10:50 PM | 11 May, 2021
- India’s official website claims Jammu & Kashmir is 'predominantly ...10:28 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Babar Azam among Pakistani cricketers all prayers for the people of ...10:09 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Falak Shabir is taking care of wife Sarah Khan's pregnancy cravings08:24 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Malala slammed for skipping 'Israel' in statement on Palestine attacks04:47 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021