Govt allows JUI-F to hold peaceful protest march
ISLAMABAD - The government on Wednesday gave a green signal to Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) for holding a protest march later this month in peaceful manners.
Local media reports say the decision was made in a meeting of the committee set up for talks with the opposition. The meeting was presided over by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
The premier said that the government believe in the democratic right to protest, however, he added that no one will be given open hand to destroy property on paralyze the lives of people.
The spokesman of the committee said opposition will have the permission as long as the Azadi March remains peaceful and follow the court verdicts regarding the protests in the capital.
He added that the Ministry of Interior will make his strategy on his own to implement the court rulings.
The seven-member government committee comprising Defence Minister Pervez Khattak, Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser, Asad Umar, Elahi, Sadiq Sanjrani, Shafqat Mehmood and Noorul Haq Qadri was established to hold talks with Maulana Fazlur Rehman after he announced to mount a march on Islamabad on October 31.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019