Govt allows JUI-F to hold peaceful protest march
ISLAMABAD - The government on Wednesday gave a green signal to Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) for holding a protest march later this month in peaceful manners.
Local media reports say the decision was made in a meeting of the committee set up for talks with the opposition. The meeting was presided over by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
The premier said that the government believe in the democratic right to protest, however, he added that no one will be given open hand to destroy property on paralyze the lives of people.
The spokesman of the committee said opposition will have the permission as long as the Azadi March remains peaceful and follow the court verdicts regarding the protests in the capital.
He added that the Ministry of Interior will make his strategy on his own to implement the court rulings.
The seven-member government committee comprising Defence Minister Pervez Khattak, Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser, Asad Umar, Elahi, Sadiq Sanjrani, Shafqat Mehmood and Noorul Haq Qadri was established to hold talks with Maulana Fazlur Rehman after he announced to mount a march on Islamabad on October 31.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020