Court notices pasted outside Nawaz's residences banning sale of property
ISLAMABAD - The accountability court has barred former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar from selling off their property, including those in foreign countries, following their failure to appear before the court in NAB references against them.
Judge Muhammad Bashir has issued second notices to Nawaz Sharif and Dar, directing them to attend the next hearing on September 26, while the NAB authorities have pasted the notices outside Nawaz's houses in Lahore.
The notices for Nawaz, carrying the names of Mariam Nawaz, Captain (r) Safdar, Hassan and Hussain Nawaz, have been displayed outside his residences in Model Town and Raiwind, while the notice for Dar has been sent to a Gulberg address.
As per the notice, the respondents cannot sell their property until the decision is made on the references.
The copies of the notices have also been sent to Lahore Development Authority (NAB), Excise Punjab, Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, DHA and different banks, Express Tribune reported.
Sharif family had to appear on Tuesday in corruption references filed by the NAB following the Supreme Court orders in Panamagate verdict.
The references were filed in the backdrop of Supreme Court’s July 28 decision in the Panama Papers case in which Nawaz Sharif was also disqualified for concealing his employment with Capital FZE, a firm owned by his younger son Hassan.
The bureau was given six weeks, from the date of the court’s order, to file the reference in an accountability court while the court was granted six months to complete the proceedings.
NAB’s Rawalpindi branch prepared references regarding the Azizia Steel Mills and the nearly dozen companies owned by the Sharif family.
The bureau’s Lahore branch prepared a reference on the Sharif family’s Avenfield apartments in London and another against Dar for owning assets beyond their known sources of income.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020