Court notices pasted outside Nawaz's residences banning sale of property
Judge Muhammad Bashir has issued second notices to Nawaz Sharif and Dar, directing them to attend the next hearing on September 26, while the NAB authorities have pasted the notices outside Nawaz's houses in Lahore.
The notices for Nawaz, carrying the names of Mariam Nawaz, Captain (r) Safdar, Hassan and Hussain Nawaz, have been displayed outside his residences in Model Town and Raiwind, while the notice for Dar has been sent to a Gulberg address.
As per the notice, the respondents cannot sell their property until the decision is made on the references.
The copies of the notices have also been sent to Lahore Development Authority (NAB), Excise Punjab, Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, DHA and different banks, Express Tribune reported.
Sharif family had to appear on Tuesday in corruption references filed by the NAB following the Supreme Court orders in Panamagate verdict.
The references were filed in the backdrop of Supreme Court’s July 28 decision in the Panama Papers case in which Nawaz Sharif was also disqualified for concealing his employment with Capital FZE, a firm owned by his younger son Hassan.
The bureau was given six weeks, from the date of the court’s order, to file the reference in an accountability court while the court was granted six months to complete the proceedings.
NAB’s Rawalpindi branch prepared references regarding the Azizia Steel Mills and the nearly dozen companies owned by the Sharif family.
The bureau’s Lahore branch prepared a reference on the Sharif family’s Avenfield apartments in London and another against Dar for owning assets beyond their known sources of income.
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021