Nawaz Sharif seeks inquiry over elevation of Saqib Nisar as top judge
In an informal interaction with newsmen outside the accountability court, the former premier admitted that it was his mistake not to abolish the National Accountability Bureau, citing that 'it was introduced by a dictator'.
The Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz 'Quaid for life' claimed that the cases filed against the Sharif family were unprecedented.
Defending his position over the 'contentious' Avenfield Apartments, the former lawmaker clarified that the London flats were not purchased from national exchequer.
"If we are involved in corrupt practices, then the allegations should be substantiated, otherwise this procedure should culminate now," asserted the politician.
The 68-year-old politician expressed that the way, the judiciary was treating them (Sharif family) from last 8 months was known to the public, adding that there was a consensus on the need for judicial reforms in the country.
Mian Saqib Nisar - A Profile
After having completed his Bachelor of Law from the University of Punjab, Mian Saqib Nisar joined the legal profession as an Advocate in 1980.
The incumbent top judge was appointed as the federal law secretary on March 29, 1997, when he became the first member of the bar to be appointed to the important position.
Subsequently, he was elevated as a Judge of the Lahore High Court on in 1998 and the Supreme Court of Pakistan in 2010.
Mian Saqib Nisar took oath as the Chief Justice of Pakistan on 31.12.2016 and his tenure would end in January 2019.
- Sindh announces summer vacations for schools, colleges03:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- House of Allama Iqbal's daughter-in-law raided ahead of PTI's long ...02:22 PM | 24 May, 2022
- NFTP opens admissions for freelancers nationwide01:46 PM | 24 May, 2022
- vivo’s latest flagship X80 is now available for Sale in Pakistan01:29 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Policeman shot dead in Lahore raid amid crackdown on PTI workers01:06 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Minal Khan's new selfies with shirtless Ahsan at beach go viral06:41 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Abrarul Haq slams Karan Johar for stealing ‘Nach Punjaban’05:54 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Watch - Indian singer Arijit Singh says he is coming to Pakistan05:30 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022