Nawaz Sharif seeks inquiry over elevation of Saqib Nisar as top judge
In an informal interaction with newsmen outside the accountability court, the former premier admitted that it was his mistake not to abolish the National Accountability Bureau, citing that 'it was introduced by a dictator'.
The Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz 'Quaid for life' claimed that the cases filed against the Sharif family were unprecedented.
Defending his position over the 'contentious' Avenfield Apartments, the former lawmaker clarified that the London flats were not purchased from national exchequer.
"If we are involved in corrupt practices, then the allegations should be substantiated, otherwise this procedure should culminate now," asserted the politician.
The 68-year-old politician expressed that the way, the judiciary was treating them (Sharif family) from last 8 months was known to the public, adding that there was a consensus on the need for judicial reforms in the country.
Mian Saqib Nisar - A Profile
After having completed his Bachelor of Law from the University of Punjab, Mian Saqib Nisar joined the legal profession as an Advocate in 1980.
The incumbent top judge was appointed as the federal law secretary on March 29, 1997, when he became the first member of the bar to be appointed to the important position.
Subsequently, he was elevated as a Judge of the Lahore High Court on in 1998 and the Supreme Court of Pakistan in 2010.
Mian Saqib Nisar took oath as the Chief Justice of Pakistan on 31.12.2016 and his tenure would end in January 2019.
- BANvPAK: Rain frustrates Shaheens and Tigers as Day 2 of second Test ...03:28 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021