AC testifies Wajid Zia statement in assets beyond sources case against Ishaq Dar
Accountability Court judge Mohammad Bashir was listening to the reference filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against Ishaq Dar.
Wajid Zia while recording his statement disclosed that JIT has recorded the statement of each concerned person, as well as record from FBR, FIA, NAB and other pertaining institutions, has also been submitted after investigation.
He claimed that former president of National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) Saeed Ahmed has confessed of having an account in a foreign country, adding that the account was opened over Ishaq Dar’s instructions to get loans and facilitate their business.
He claimed that it was revealed during the investigation that during 1992 and 2008, Dar's assets witnessed 91 times enhancement adding that the accused has been unable to give any proper explanation on it.
“In order to save money, few accounts were opened in name of ‘Hajveri Mazarba’. Saeed Ahmed handed cheque book to Mohammad Naeem on Ishaq Dar’s instructions whereas, Saeed himself has denied of any transaction taking place in these accounts”, Wajid Zia maintained.
The court, after recording the testimony of Panama JIT head adjourned hearing till May 8.
- Petroleume prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Karachi University declares BCom Part II Annual Exams 2020 result ...08:40 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab Governor announces to contest next general elections08:21 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021