Remove ban on PUBG, IHC orders PTA
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) Friday dismissed the decision of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) for banning online game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) in the country and ordered it to conditionally restore the game.
The court ordered PTA to issue written or verbal decision within one week on complaints received against the game from different sections of the society.
Justice Aamer Farooq of IHC announced the judgment which was reserved previously after listening arguments from both sides on a petition filed by the company controlling PUBG in Pakistan.
Just yesterday, PTA had said it would keep the game banned on the directions of the Lahore High Court.
Press Release: PTA has decided that online game Players' Unknown Battle Ground (PUBG) remains blocked. The decision has been made by the Authority after a detailed hearing conducted in PTA on July 9 on the directions of the Lahore High Court.— PTA (@PTAofficialpk) July 23, 2020
The PTA had imposed ban on July 1, on PUBG game in Pakistan. The PTA had adopted the stance that it had banned the game temporarily after receiving complaints from various sections of the society. The complainant had stated that the game was wastage of time and it had negative impacts on physical and mental health of the children.
However, the petitioner had stated in its plea that the PTA had banned the game without giving it an opportunity to express the stance.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020