Islamabad blames Delhi for providing funding to terror outfits in Pakistan
Foreign Office spokesperson Aisha Farouqi said on Wednesday that India has fomented terrorism inside Pakistan by providing training, financial and material support to terrorist groups to kill innocent people in Pakistan.
While referring to Afghan war he said that India was taking advantage of the prolonged conflict in Pakistan’s neighbourhood.
She also expressed disappointment over the US move to block a Pakistan's proposal to designate an Indian national, Venumadhav Dongara, as a terrorist at the United Nations Security Council.
She revealed that Pakistan had proposed the designation of four Indian nationals in 2019 under the United Nations 1267 Sanctions List, namely Venumadhav Dongara, Ajoy Mistry, Gobinda Patnaik, and Angara Appaji.
Farooqui said these individuals were financing, sponsoring and organizing terrorism inside Pakistan by providing financial, technical and material support to terrorist groups including TTP, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar and others.
The Spokesperson said Pakistan hopes that the listing requests of other three Indian nationals will be given due consideration by the UNSC 1267 Sanctions Committee in an objective and transparent manner.
She said these Indian nationals are now residing in India with impunity which vindicates Pakistan's position that India is a state-sponsor of terrorism.
- Outgoing Chinese ambassador calls on Pakistan Army chief11:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 56 Indian fishermen for trespassing Pakistani waters11:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 'Success' for Pakistan as ICSID stays over $6b fine in Reko Diq case11:08 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- PCB terminates contract with PSL's int'l media rights holder10:46 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani Rupee strengthens against dollar10:22 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Khalilur Rehman Qamar in hot waters over his stance on feminism once ...04:39 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai, Beyoncé and others to feature in a film on global ...02:57 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Rana Khan is not interested in meeting Turkish actor Cavit ...02:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020