Pakistan Day: Flag hoisted at Pakistan House, New York
The ceremony began with recitation from the Holy Quraan.
Ambassador Maleeha Lodhi read out the Pakistan Day message of President Mamnoon Hussain and Raja Ali Ejaz, Consul General, New York read out the message of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Talking to the media later, Ambassador Maleeha Lodhi paid tribute to Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah and the sacrifices made by Muslims of the sub-continent for the creation of Pakistan. Since its independence, she said, Pakistan has made much of progress but challenges still remain. Efforts are being made by the government to realize the Quaid's vision for the country and to eliminate the menace of extremism and terrorism, she added.
The ceremony concluded by a ‘dua’ for the prosperity and progress of Pakistan.
The event was largely attended by officers and staff of the Mission and the Consulate General along with their families and members of the Pakistani diaspora.
Later in the evening, Pakistan marked its National Day at the UN for the first time, with a concert in the prestigious General Assembly Hall featuring Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
The concert titled, Sufi Night: Music of Peace was aimed at spreading the message of international peace and harmony at the world stage.
The concert was largely attended by diplomats, UN officials, representatives of civil society, media and members of the Pakistani diaspora.
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021