IHC admits plea seeking suspension of Nawaz's sentence
LAHORE - The Islamabad High Court will hear a petition seeking former prime minister Nawaz Shari’s release on bail for getting proper medical treatment on Friday.
The high court bench comprising Justice Amir Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani admitted the petition filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shahbaz Sharif by rejecting the objections raised by the Registrar office on Thursday.
The government has sought a response from chief secretary, the medical team of the Services Hospital and Punjab home secretary on the petitions.
According to media reports, Shahbaz Sharif has also pleaded with the court for the suspension of Nawaz Sharif’s seven-year sentence awarded in the Al-Azizia reference and to release his elder brother so he could acquire proper medical treatment either in Pakistan or abroad.
It is pertinent to mention here that Shahbaz’s plea came after the health condition of the former prime minister deteriorated once again after his platelet count significantly dropped to less than 7,000 yesterday.
Earlier this month, Nawaz Sharif was remanded into the custody of the anti-graft body for 14 days after he was arrested in another money laundering case.
A NAB team had taken Sharif into its custody from Kot Lakhpat jail Lahore and presented him before the judge of an accountability court for his physical remand.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020