Naval chief vows to thwart any misadventure with iron fist
RAWALPINDI - Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi on Thursday visited Pakistan Navy's coastal installations and forward posts of units along Makran Coast to review the operational preparedness.
He also performed groundbreaking of various operational and administrative projects at Gwadar and Ormara bases.
During the visit, the naval chief was briefed about the ongoing operational activities, special measures being employed to maintain operational readiness of Pakistan Navy Fleet Units at optimum level and on achievements of Task Force-88 for ensuring maritime security of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) GwadarPort, press release of Pakistan Navy stated.
Chief of the Naval Staff inspected the forward posts at coastal installations, interacted with the deployed troops and commended officers and men for their high morale, commitment and spirit of sacrifice.
The Naval Chief expressed satisfaction over operational preparedness of Pakistan Navy in undertaking the sacred task of defence of the motherland and reaffirmed the resolve that any misadventure by the enemy shall be thwarted with an iron fist.
During the visit, Chairman China Overseas Ports Holding Company, Zhang Baozhong called on Chief of the Naval Staff at Gwadar.
Matters of mutual interest including the security of CPEC and Gwadar Port were discussed. Zhang Baozhong appreciated Pakistan Navy's role in ensuring peace and security of this Game Changer project.
The Naval Chief expressed Pakistan Navy's resolve to ensure seaward defence of vital maritime infrastructure and protect maritime interests of Pakistan against all threats.
Both the dignitaries agreed to continue momentum on this important project which is aimed at prosperity and economic empowerment of people of the region and beyond.
Later, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi performed groundbreaking of various operational and administrative projects at Gwadar and Ormara which included extension of educational facilities at Junior Naval academy Ormara (JNAO).
Speaking at the occasion, the Naval Chief reiterated that Pakistan Navy will continue to play its part in contributing towards uplift of coastal areasthrough socio-economic initiatives especially in education and healthsectors.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020