Pakistan, India sign agreement to operationalize Kartarpur Corridor
According to media details, Director General South Asia and SAARC at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dr Muhammad Faisal signed the agreement on behalf of Pakistan .
Addressing the media after the signing of the agreement, Dr Faisal said that Sikh Yatrees will be permitted to visit the Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib from morning till evening, adding that 5,000 Yatrees will travel through the corridor and there will be a $20 per visitor per visit, as service charges, Dr Faisal said.
Earlier, Foreign Office spokesman Dr Muhammad Faisal in a weekly press briefing said both sides would ink the document at Zero Point near the site of Kartarpur corridor for its formal operationalisation on November 9 to mark the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh spiritual leader Baba Guru Nanak.
Pakistan, India set to sign Kartarpur Corridor ... 04:22 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and India are set to sign the draft agreement on Kartarpur Corridor on October 24 (Thursday) ...
The signing is taking place after India conformed to Pakistan’s firm stance of levying the $20 service fee for each visitor of Kartarpur. As many as 5,000 pilgrims daily will be allowed to visit the holy site of Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara, located at 4.5 km from the border with India .
Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate Kartarpur Corridor on November 9.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019