Pakistan, India sign agreement to operationalize Kartarpur Corridor
According to media details, Director General South Asia and SAARC at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dr Muhammad Faisal signed the agreement on behalf of Pakistan.
Addressing the media after the signing of the agreement, Dr Faisal said that Sikh Yatrees will be permitted to visit the Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib from morning till evening, adding that 5,000 Yatrees will travel through the corridor and there will be a $20 per visitor per visit, as service charges, Dr Faisal said.
Earlier, Foreign Office spokesman Dr Muhammad Faisal in a weekly press briefing said both sides would ink the document at Zero Point near the site of Kartarpur corridor for its formal operationalisation on November 9 to mark the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh spiritual leader Baba Guru Nanak.
Pakistan, India set to sign Kartarpur Corridor ... 04:22 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and India are set to sign the draft agreement on Kartarpur Corridor on October 24 (Thursday) ...
The signing is taking place after India conformed to Pakistan’s firm stance of levying the $20 service fee for each visitor of Kartarpur. As many as 5,000 pilgrims daily will be allowed to visit the holy site of Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara, located at 4.5 km from the border with India.
Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate Kartarpur Corridor on November 9.
- Coronavirus immunity may disappear in only few months after ...12:00 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Sony Invest $250 Million in Epic Games11:25 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pilgrims without Hajj permit to be slapped with heavy ...11:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 253,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,304 confirmed dead11:00 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s first underground water reservoir system starts launched ...10:12 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Esra Bilgic trolled for wearing an ‘inappropriate’ outfit06:58 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi wish the Bachchan family a speedy ...02:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai turns 2301:48 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020