Lahore traffic police kick-start e-challan system for violators
LAHORE – Punjab Safe Cities Authority (PSCA) in collaboration with the City Traffic Police (CTP) has rolled out the e-challan system in Punjab’s capital.
With the launch of the new system, traffic violators would be identified with the help of modern Automatic Vehicle Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras which had been installed by PSCA across different roads of the city.
Welcome to the Era of Electronic Challaning | An exclusive PSCA-CTPL Joint Venture. Follow Traffic Rules | STOP behind...Posted by Punjab Safe Cities Authority on Sunday, September 23, 2018
The violators will receive the e-challan instruments at their addresses registered against their vehicle IDs.
The instruments contain real-time violation graphics, type and corresponding penalty numeric initially to be paid to branches of Bank of Punjab, whereas, similar arrangements are underway with National Bank of Pakistan along with various other deposit facilities.
Initially, the e-challan will be issued on the violation of the red signal, however, those involved in other kinds of traffic violations will also be dealt with electronically.
The operations are executed from PSCA Electronic Ticketing Centre in coordination with the city traffic police officials and in compliance with the Motor Vehicles Ordinance and Rules Section 116-A.
The e-challan depicts all the violations, fines, and relevant instructions so that the citizens should get to know of the rules, they are expected not to flout.
The fine is to be paid in 10 days or the amount might be doubled. Frequent violations or non-payment of the fine will compel the traffic police, impound the vehicle.
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Afghanistan to free up to 2,000 Taliban prisoners after ceasefire11:25 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Indian female school teacher suspended over ‘pro-Pakistan lines’ ...10:46 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Hot weather likely to prevail in most parts of country during 2-day ...10:05 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020