Umrah visas can be converted into tourist visas now
This is a key channel of “The Kingdom is Muslims’ Destination” initiative, which was proposed by the commission several years ago, the Saudi Gazette reported on Monday.
The program aims at providing an opportunity to Umrah pilgrims to see the landmarks of the country, Islamic historical sites, attractive tourist destinations and shopping centers and malls, said Prince Sultan Bin Salman, President of Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH), in a press statement following the launching ceremony in Riyadh.
The government might also opt to make cultural, medical, educational and marketing tours, visit exhibitions and attend conferences after having completed their Umrah, he added.
Business visa holders and GCC citizens can also avail themselves of the opportunity to join the post-Umrah program.
- Experts arrive in Karachi to examine health of four African elephants12:21 AM | 29 Nov, 2021
- PTI government to announce mini budget as required by IMF11:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021