Sheikh Rasheed vows to curtail expenses in railways by 15%
Talking to newsmen on Saturday, Rasheed said the daily fare report will be sent to him via mobile phone and the freight trade would also be put online.
'We will be auctioning off trains and wagons that have been standing stationary for the last 60 years, whereas 30 train stations will be upgraded,' said the recently appointed minister.
Furthermore, he said two new trains will operate from September 15, promising to increase the freight by 20%.
To a query about accountability in the ministry, the Awami Muslim League (AML) chief said three freight officers have been suspended from their jobs.
Earlier, Rasheed had announced his plan to upgrade 32 railways stations across the country during his tenure.
The AML chief also laid down an ambitious plan to reform the railways department with salient features including building 5,000 quarters for department employees, generating 20,000 jobs, upgrading railways hospitals and doubling the track on selected routes with investment from China.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022