Rights abuses in IoK can result into worst tragedy, warns FM Qureshi
Talking to journalists before attending a "Kashmir Bane Ga Pakistan" rally here, Qureshi said the Indian atrocities on the people of held valley were increasing with each passing day. The international community should pay special attention to resolve the Kashmir issue, he added.
He said the Indian government had not allowed opposition leader Rahul Gandhi to visit Kashmir and sent him back to New Delhi from Srinager.
He said he himself had contacted the United Nations Human Rights Commission and the UN secretary general and apprised them about the critical situation in IoK.
The held valley had been under round the clock curfew for the last 21 days and with shortage of medicines and food, the situation for the people of Kashmir had become critical, he added.
The minister said India had tried to make Kashmir as its internal matter but it had been exposed by Pakistan through intensive foreign diplomacy. The Islamic countries were already in support of Pakistan on the issue while Iran, Turkey and Malaysia had also raised their voice for the Kashmiri people, he added.
He said the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) should play its role and help stop Indian brutalities on the innocent people of Kashmir. There were reports that India was planning to send extremists of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh to Jammu and Kashmir and the international community to take notice of that, he added.
Qureshi said he would participate in a meeting about human rights to be held in Geneva on September 9 and inform the world about the situation in the occupied valley.
He urged the human rights organizations to visit IoK, inspect the ground situation there and then inform the world about it.
To a question, he said the United Nations should send its delegations to Kashmir and play its role in lifting curfew. He would soon met the United Arab
He lauded the local media for organizing a rally in Azad Kashmir for condemning the torture on Indian journalists at Srinagar airport.
He questioned If there was normal situation in IoK then why the Indian opposition leaders were not been allowed to visit the valley. If there were no human rights violations in the IoK then why the hurdles were being created, Qureshi added quoting Indian leader Ghulam Nabi Azaad.
Addressing a public meeting regarding Kashmir, Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the voice of Kashmiris could not be suppressed and their sacrifices would bear fruits.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 25 January 202108:41 AM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in N Waziristan operation: ...11:24 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Six arrested for chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in New Delhi (VIDEO)10:41 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021