Nawaz Sharif shifted to Lahore's Kot Lakhpat jail from Adiala
ISLAMABAD - A team of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday shifted former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who was on Monday sentenced to seven years in jail in a corruption reference, to the Kot Lakhkpat prison in Lahore.
The former premier was brought to Punjab's capital through a chartered airplane from Islamabad amid tight security.
A number of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers were present outside the prison to welcome their leader while the security of the jail has been beefed up to avoid any untoward situation.
An accountability court announced verdicts in two graft references pertaining to the Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Flagship Investment against the former premier. Nawaz was handed the sentence in Al-Azizia case while acquitted in the other reference.
Ex-PM Nawaz Sharif jailed for 7 years in ... 01:58 PM | 24 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in the federal capital sentenced former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to seven ...
He was taken into custody by the security officials in the courtroom when he pleaded the court to allow him to serve the term at Lahore's Kot Lakhpat Jail. The petition was opposed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) prosecution, however, Judge Mohammad Arshad Malik accepted the plea of the ex-prime minister.
NAB court allows Nawaz to serve term in Kot ... 03:52 PM | 24 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court on Monday accepted a plea filed by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who has been ...
Sharif was on Monday shifted to Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi for the time being. Upon reaching Adiala prison, doctors carried out a medical examination of the supreme leader of PML-N and declared him physically fit.
Media reports say the PML-N supreme leader will be given a 'better class' barrack in the Kot Lakhpat jail.
The better class prisoners are provided with a mattress, a study table and chair in addition to a TV set and newspaper.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020