Former mayor of Karachi Nemat Ullah Khan passes away
KARACHI - Veteran politician and former Karachi mayor Nemat Ullah Khan has passed away at the age of 89 today (Tuesday).
According to media details, Nemat Ullah Khan was ill for some time.
He remained Ameer of Jamat-i-Islami (Karachi) for a long time and also served as Mayor Karachi from 2001 and 2005.
Nemat Ullah Khan also remained member of the central consultative committee of Jamat-i-Islami (JI) and he also served as chairman of Al-Khidmat Foundation of JI.
Khan did masters in journalism from the University of Punjab and did LLB from Karachi University.
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Lahore woman booked for slapping traffic warden — Video07:05 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Asia Cup 2020 delayed; Pakistan to host tournament in ...06:42 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 242,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...06:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Gold price increases by Rs800 per tola06:21 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020