Former mayor of Karachi Nemat Ullah Khan passes away
KARACHI - Veteran politician and former Karachi mayor Nemat Ullah Khan has passed away at the age of 89 today (Tuesday).
According to media details, Nemat Ullah Khan was ill for some time.
He remained Ameer of Jamat-i-Islami (Karachi) for a long time and also served as Mayor Karachi from 2001 and 2005.
Nemat Ullah Khan also remained member of the central consultative committee of Jamat-i-Islami (JI) and he also served as chairman of Al-Khidmat Foundation of JI.
Khan did masters in journalism from the University of Punjab and did LLB from Karachi University.
- Punjab promulgates special ordinance for prevention of coronavirus ...03:28 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Politicians, scientists push govt to expand corornavirus testing ...03:00 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Pakistan's squash legend Azam Khan dies of coronavirus12:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 13 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,52612:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- IOK records another death due to Coronavirus12:02 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019