LHC summons AGP on Maryam's plea for removal from ECL
LAHORE – A Lahore High Court (LHC) division bench on Tuesday, adjourning hearing of a petition, filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Nawaz for removal of her name from the exit control list (ECL) for a week, summoned attorney general for Pakistan (AGP).
The bench comprising Justice Ali Baqar Najafi and Justice Tariq Saleem Sheikh heard the petition. During the proceedings, a prosecutor, on behalf of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), filed a reply to the fresh medical reports of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, which were made part of the petition.
The court was also informed that a reply had already been filed on behalf of the government in the matter.
Maryam Nawaz had pleaded with the court for removal of her name from the ECL. She also requested for granting her a "one-time permission" to travel abroad for six weeks to visit her ailing father, Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, and release of her passport
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020