LHC summons AGP on Maryam's plea for removal from ECL
LAHORE – A Lahore High Court (LHC) division bench on Tuesday, adjourning hearing of a petition, filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Nawaz for removal of her name from the exit control list (ECL) for a week, summoned attorney general for Pakistan (AGP).
The bench comprising Justice Ali Baqar Najafi and Justice Tariq Saleem Sheikh heard the petition. During the proceedings, a prosecutor, on behalf of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), filed a reply to the fresh medical reports of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, which were made part of the petition.
The court was also informed that a reply had already been filed on behalf of the government in the matter.
Maryam Nawaz had pleaded with the court for removal of her name from the ECL. She also requested for granting her a "one-time permission" to travel abroad for six weeks to visit her ailing father, Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, and release of her passport
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019