Rain lashes Lahore on election day, threatens voter turnout
Voters earlier today were enthusiastic to user their democratic right despite the intense humid weather. But it is unclear whether the people will turn out in the rain to cast their votes.
The leaders of all major political parties, including Imran Khan, Shehbaz Sharif and Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, have urged the nation to come out to take part in the polling.
Pakistan is holding general elections today for which the polling procedure has started, with over 1,2000 candidates vying for 270 national and 570 provincial assembly seats.
Elections 2018 Live Results: PTI celebrates ... 03:00 PM | 25 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Final results of Pakistan's crucial and largest general elections are yet to be announced despite the ...
As many as 105.96 million people will be able to use their right to vote from 8 am till 6 pm without any formal break. Twenty-three percent of the total voters would be taking part in the exercise for the first time.
Earlier, Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) predicted a new spell of rain, expected to start from Tuesday.
The spell would last till Sunday and cities that are likely to experience considerable rainfall any time during the s said period include Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Malakand, Hazara, Mardan, Peshawar, and Kohat, as well as Kashmir, the PMD forecasted.
Moreover, Bannu and Dera Ismail Khan in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Multan, Dera Ghazi Khan, and Bahawalpur in Punjab, Zhob and Kalat in Balochistan, and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) are also predicted to experience strong winds, with thunderous rainfall and lightning.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021