Pakistan’s desire for peace must to be mistaken as weakness, says PM Shehbaz at Naval academy
KARACHI – Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said on Saturday that Pakistan believed in peace and peaceful existence, but this must not be taken as our weakness.
He was addressing the passing out parade of 117th Midshipman and 25th Short Service Commission course at Pakistan Naval Academy in Karachi. He said Pakistan Armed Forces are fully capable to take on any challenge.
The prime minister said, “Only lasting peace can move us forward on the path of development and prosperity”.
He said the nation is proud of its armed forces for making the country's defence impregnable and playing a key role in the fight against terrorism.
The premier said Pakistan Navy has even more important role to play in the present age of ever growing blue economy, marine security and strategic defence.
He said arming Pakistan Navy with latest technology for safeguarding maritime borders of the country is a priority of the government, Radio Pakistan reported.
Earlier, the Prime Minister reviewed the Guard of Honour and distributed prizes among the passing out cadets for their distinctive performance.
COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on Prime Minister ... 06:01 PM | 30 Mar, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Director-General of Inter-Services ...
- Another audio of Imran Khan on US cipher leaked online02:52 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Ayesha Gul: First female officer appointed in KP police’s ...02:00 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Indian actor Ameesha Patel reacts to dating rumours with Pakistani ...01:00 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Blast in eastern Balochistan kills 1, injures over 1012:15 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif appears before court in money laundering ...11:54 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Mahira Khan treats fans with stunning pictures from Hum Awards11:59 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022