Strong tremors jolt Peshawar and surrounding areas
The quake was felt in Peshawar and its surrounding areas, and also in Islamabad.
The quake's epicentre was located in the Hindu Kush in neighbouring Afghanistan, according to officials.
Peshawar is the capital of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province bordering Afghanistan.
Pakistan is often hit by earthquakes. In September 2013, a magnitude-7.7 quake struck the Balochistan province, killing at least 376 people and creating a new island in the Arabian Sea.
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Balochistan schools to remain closed till March 1, 202112:03 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020