Pakistan’s Shahid Tarar elected Chairman of World Bank body
A statement Saturday said this accomplishment came on the heels of Tarar's recent election by the seven countries, comprising Pakistan’s constituency, to represent them at the World Bank Board as their executive director.
“It is only the second time in Pakistan’s long association with the World Bank Group that its executive director has been elected to chair the important Human Resources Committee of the World Bank Board,” it said adding his election was reflective of Pakistan’s close collaboration with the World Bank.
The Human Resources Committee is one of the five Standing Committees of the World Bank Board that assist the Board in the exercise of its powers assigned under the Articles of Association.
- Model Sophia Mirza told daughters to steal passports and blackmail ...03:19 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- NEPRA hikes power tariff by Rs9.42 per unit for K-Electric02:58 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Dua Zehra’s age between 15-16 years, says latest medical report02:28 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- U Microfinance Bank Limited: Successful closure of Additional Tier-1 ...02:02 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shaheen Afridi made goodwill ambassador of KP police01:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Komal Meer treats fans with latest photoshoot01:07 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- 'Dil Karay' – Ali Zafar’s new romantic song leaves fans mesmerised12:23 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Syra Yousuf leaves fans spellbound with latest picture07:39 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022