Pakistan’s Shahid Tarar elected Chairman of World Bank body
A statement Saturday said this accomplishment came on the heels of Tarar's recent election by the seven countries, comprising Pakistan’s constituency, to represent them at the World Bank Board as their executive director.
“It is only the second time in Pakistan’s long association with the World Bank Group that its executive director has been elected to chair the important Human Resources Committee of the World Bank Board,” it said adding his election was reflective of Pakistan’s close collaboration with the World Bank.
The Human Resources Committee is one of the five Standing Committees of the World Bank Board that assist the Board in the exercise of its powers assigned under the Articles of Association.
- Islamabad police issue traffic plan ahead of PTI’s long march10:48 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Azadi March – Road blockades disrupt fuel supplies in parts of ...10:28 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Containment, arrests as Imran-led PTI marches on Islamabad today09:58 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan beat Sri Lanka women in 1st T-2009:15 AM | 25 May, 2022
- PTI’s Azadi March: O, A level exams in Islamabad, Rawalpindi ...08:55 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Sajal's healing words for Ahad's ailing aunt win her praise11:15 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022