Pakistan elected President of the UN Commission on Trade and Development
ISLAMABAD - Ambassador Khalil Hashmi, Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations in Geneva, was today elected President of the 11th session of the Commission on Trade and Development. The Commission is one of the key constituents on the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) based in Geneva.
The Commission is an important platform to deliberate on key trade and development issues. Pakistan’s Presidency will provide an opportunity to share its experiences and to benefit from international best practices that help advance trade and development goals, said a statement issued by the Foreign Office.
The Commission will consider reports on legal and policy aspects of trade, services, commodities, consumer protection and competition within the overall context of sustainable development. It will also consider progress in research and analysis, consensus building and technical cooperation and discuss ways to strengthen multilateral cooperation in the areas of trade and development.
Election to lead the UNCTAD reflects recognition of Pakistan’s active engagement and its key role in the multilateral fora.
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020