Over 8 million innocent Kashmiris besieged by Indian forces in occupied Kashmir: PM Imran
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Imran Khan said that over eight million innocent Kashmiri people have been made hostage by the Indian forces in occupied Kashmir.
Speaking at a dinner in the honour of delegates of OIC Contact Group on the sidelines of 74th Session of the UN General Assembly in New York, the prime minister raised the question that if these people were European then what reaction was to be of the world community.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said that we have to awaken the international community, adding that if Kashmiris fight for their right, it is called terrorism and they are being oppressed because they are Muslims.
He said that under the curfew there is an imminent risk of the genocide of Kashmiri Muslims, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The premier said atrocities being witnessed in the valley have never happened in the past.
PM Imran said that minorities including Muslims and Christians are not safe and they are being treated as inferior citizens.
The event was also attended by foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
- Pakistan summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019