Maulana Sherani for bringing back gold and silver as currency
Sherani, the chairman of Pakistan top religious body, was speaking at a seminar hosted by the CII in Islamabad on Tuesday. He said that in the past economy was based on silver and gold coins. “We must bring back the circulation of gold and silver,” he demanded.
“The current system of economy based on paper currency is not durable because there is nothing concrete in paper currency,” he pointed out.
The CII chief further said that Islamic style of economy was necessary to revive Islamic principles.
Maulana Sherani also announced that the council would open a debate on re-circulation of gold and silver coins.
- Bisconni music wraps up season 2 with brilliant performances from ...09:44 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- PSL7 – Rizwan-led Sultans need 125 runs to win against Babar's Kings09:40 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan PM to attend Beijing Olympics in show of ‘solidarity’ ...09:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Political appointments in power sector causing increase in energy ...08:22 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- PSL7: Paragliders kick off the biggest cricket event IN THE AIR! ...07:50 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Amna Ilyas slammed for wearing bold dress04:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Shehzad Roy's hilarious video breaks the internet06:59 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi apologises to Nauman Ijaz after being 'too busy' for ...04:33 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021