Ex-petroleum minister Dr Asim held in Karachi
Officials of sensitive agencies raided Asim’s residence in Clifton area and collared him for investigation into the corruption charges.
Mr Asim, who is a close aide of former president Asif Ali Zardari, is facing several cases of corruption filed against him by the National Accountability Bureau.
He was appointed as federal petroleum minister during PPP government in 2008. He is currently serving as Chairman Sindh Higher Education Commission (SHEC).
- Prime suspect in Faisalabad sexual assault case publicly beaten up in ...06:57 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan lose early wickets in 187 run chase in second ...06:33 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Nawal Saeed wins hearts with new singing video05:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022