Two pilots martyred as PAF training aircraft crashes at Peshawar airport
According to an official air forces statement, "Pakistan Air Force reports with regret that a PAF FT-7PG trainer aircraft while recovering from a routine operational training mission crashed during landing at Peshawar airbase. Rescue operation is in progress," the air force said in a statement after the incident.
The PAF has not yet confirmed the death of the two pilots.
Official sources said the aircraft crashed around 11:40am near the customs landing runway at the Bacha Khan International Airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches.
In the pictures circulating on social media, plumes of smoke can be seen spewing from the airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches. The runway of the airport has been temporarily closed.
- 90,000 Pakistanis get overseas jobs in first 40 days of 202006:01 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- UN Secretary General arrives Islamabad on four-day visit05:22 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Pakistani volunteers to join anti-virus fight in Shanghai, China05:18 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Young Pakistani talent to watch out at HBL PSL 202005:10 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan's Kasur comes under locust swarms attack after 50 years01:11 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Shahid Afridi and wife welcome 5th baby girl01:41 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- 10 restaurants in Lahore for a romantic date on V-day12:08 PM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are reportedly expecting their first ...10:26 AM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019