Two pilots martyred as PAF training aircraft crashes at Peshawar airport
According to an official air forces statement, "Pakistan Air Force reports with regret that a PAF FT-7PG trainer aircraft while recovering from a routine operational training mission crashed during landing at Peshawar airbase. Rescue operation is in progress," the air force said in a statement after the incident.
The PAF has not yet confirmed the death of the two pilots.
Official sources said the aircraft crashed around 11:40am near the customs landing runway at the Bacha Khan International Airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches.
In the pictures circulating on social media, plumes of smoke can be seen spewing from the airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches. The runway of the airport has been temporarily closed.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019