Two pilots martyred as PAF training aircraft crashes at Peshawar airport
According to an official air forces statement, "Pakistan Air Force reports with regret that a PAF FT-7PG trainer aircraft while recovering from a routine operational training mission crashed during landing at Peshawar airbase. Rescue operation is in progress," the air force said in a statement after the incident.
The PAF has not yet confirmed the death of the two pilots.
Official sources said the aircraft crashed around 11:40am near the customs landing runway at the Bacha Khan International Airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches.
In the pictures circulating on social media, plumes of smoke can be seen spewing from the airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches. The runway of the airport has been temporarily closed.
- Shehbaz Sharif lastly breaks silence on resignation rumours01:59 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021