Two pilots martyred as PAF training aircraft crashes at Peshawar airport
According to an official air forces statement, "Pakistan Air Force reports with regret that a PAF FT-7PG trainer aircraft while recovering from a routine operational training mission crashed during landing at Peshawar airbase. Rescue operation is in progress," the air force said in a statement after the incident.
The PAF has not yet confirmed the death of the two pilots.
Official sources said the aircraft crashed around 11:40am near the customs landing runway at the Bacha Khan International Airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches.
In the pictures circulating on social media, plumes of smoke can be seen spewing from the airport. It is believed that the plane crashed due to technical glitches. The runway of the airport has been temporarily closed.
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi's meetup stresses promotion of skill-based ...08:40 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan turns down India’s call for allowing Queen’s Counsel in ...08:09 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020