Zardari withdraws all bail applications in NAB inquiries
A division bench comprising Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhter Kiyani conducted hearing on miscellaneous applications filed by PPP’s Co-Chairman Asif Zardari. The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) produced the former president before the IHC bench in compliance of the court orders amid foolproof security arrangements.
As the hearing began, Asif Zardari came to the rostrum and informed the bench that he wanted to withdraw his all bail petitions and would face the corruption cases initiated by the anti-graft body.
Zardari said he had established a private company but there was no evidence that it obtained loans. He had already faced similar cases in the past but nothing was proved against him, he added.
At this, the NAB officials said they had no objection on the withdrawal or rejection of the accused’s bail applications.
It may be mentioned here that earlier, the IHC bench had issued a production order for Asif Ali Zardari who was in NAB custody in physical remand. The court had directed NAB to produce Zardari for hearing of his interim bail applications.
- PM Imran visits ISI headquarters, briefed on national security07:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020