160,000 TB patients fail to get medical treatment every year
Pakistan ranks four among countries with high incident cases of multi-drug resistant Tuberculosis (TB) as estimated 27,000 new cases are reported every year.
He said that the government had paid special attention to this critical issue and strengthened the program for providing free treatment to TB patients.
He said that more than 30 hospitals had been upgraded to take care of multi-drug resistant TB cases and 13 laboratories equipped with state of the art facilities were being established in various parts of the country.
The government was committed to achieving the target of eliminating the disease from the country and sought the support of all stakeholders in this regard, he added.
He said that like every year World Tuberculosis (TB) Day was observed in Pakistan on March 24 to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences and to step up efforts to end the disease epidemic.
He said that TB remained the world’s deadliest infectious killer. Each day, nearly 4500 people lost their lives to TB and close to 30,000 people fall ill with this preventable and curable disease, he added.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020