Nawaz Sharif suffers minor heart attack at Lahore hospital
LAHORE – Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif suffered from a minor heart attack on Friday, according to the provincial health minister.
Dr Yasmeen Rashid told the media at Services Hospital that Nawaz tested positive for certain tests which confirm that he had a minor cardiac arrest.
The results of his echocardiography and electrocardiogram were however normal, she added.
The PML-N supremo has been under treatment for various diseases since the last five days and was shifted to the Services Hospital from Kot Lakhpat jail owing to the deterioration of his health.
Former PM #NawazSharif is being managed on the lines of Acute ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura) treatment protocol, on Platelet Transfusions, IV Steroids & IV Immunoglobulins. The definitive diagnosis is yet to be ascertained.
— Dr. Adnan Khan (@Dr_Khan) October 26, 2019
Meanwhile on Saturday, an Accountability Court in Lahore issued release orders for the former premier in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case a day after the Lahore High Court granted him bail on medical grounds.
The LHC had granted bail to Sharif on Friday ordering him to deposit two surety bonds of Rs 10 million each.
The former premier will only be able to walk free if he is granted bail in the Al Azizia and Avenfield Properties cases, both being heard by the Islamabad High Court.
- Number of coronavirus cases starts declining in Islamabad, says NCOC11:41 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa hails improved security situation in tribal districts10:04 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020