Political shows are mostly agenda driven, Ramiz Raja stands ground on political commentary
A day after Raja faced the falk for commenting on something other than cricket, the former cricketer took to Twitter and expressed that being a citizen he had every right to have an opinion on politics.
The former cricketer also highlighted his experience with media and said he could 'comment on the state of TV channels & show'.
As a citizen think I can have an opinion on anything &verything including politics. Also with 22 yrs of international tv experience I can comment on the state of TV channels & shows. Political shows are mostly negative, agenda driven, lacking solid editorial & political intellect— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) April 27, 2019
Raja's tweet came a day after he took aim at the political shows and anchors for showcasing opposition's 'morbid' views, who, in his opinion, had fu**** up Pakistan.
The commentator shared that the public deserved bearing the brunt of inflation for voting them [opposiiton] in power in the previous 10 years.
Soon after Raja's blunt tweet on Friday, social media users had lambasted him and questioned his ability to talk about politics instead of Cricket; renowned journalists had also advised Ramiz Raja to better stick to his niche instead of discussing politics.
Ramiz Raja grills media persons over anti-Imran ... 07:39 PM | 26 Apr, 2019
LAHORE - Former cricketer Ramiz Raja on Friday slammed TV anchors for ‘showcasing opposition’s morbid views’ in ...
"Sadly you lack all those qualities, poking nose in a field of politics which you know nothing about is unfortunate," journalist Owais Toheed had suggested.
Moreover, Imran Khan's former wife Reham Khan, journalist Mazhar Abbas and Umar Cheema, anchor Adil Shhezeb besides others had proposed Ramiz Raja to keep mum, especially about politics.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021