PIA plane collides with airstair at Islamabad airport
ISLAMABAD — A passenger plane of Pakistan International Airline (PIA) was severely damaged after it collided with a passenger airstair while departing for Karachi at Islamabad International Airport.
The national flag carrier’s flight PK-373 was set to depart for Karachi when the aircraft collided with passenger stairs while leaving the airport apron, damaging the wing of the aircraft.
Fortunately, all staff and passenger remained safe in the mishap and have been shifted back to the passenger lounge.
According to PIA officials, the wing of the Airbus A320 aircraft is being currently repaired and a probe has been launched into the matter.
Last month, an ATR aircraft of PIA was severely damaged after it collided with a parked aircraft, owned by Shaheen Airlines, at the Jinnah International Airport, Karachi.
PIA plane collides with parked aircraft at ... 09:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2018
KARACHI - A passenger plane of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) was severely damaged after it collided with a ...
The PIA jet’s fuel tank and engine were damaged in the accident and emergency was declared at the airport as the oil started spilling out of the tank. The firefighters surrounded the aircraft to deal with any severe situation.
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020