ECO summit: March 1 declared public holiday in Rawalpindi, Islamabad
On Monday, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan chaired a meeting to review security measures for the upcoming summit. Police authorities and civil administration attended the meeting.
After the meeting, the Islamabad administration issued security plan for the upcoming ECO meeting, stating that all educational institution and offices will be closed at 1pm on Tuesday (tomorrow), while there will be public holiday in twin cities.
It was decided that foolproof security will be provided to all foreign delegation and state heads who will be visiting Pakistan to attend the ECO summit in Islamabad.
The administration has also issued traffic plan for the public of the cities.
- President Alvi signs bill for use of EVMs in Pakistan’s next ...10:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021