AIOU plans to expand its educational network in Balochistan
ISLAMABAD - AIOU Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Zia-Ul-Qayyum Saturday informed Balochistan Governor Justice (Retd) Amanullah Khan Yasinzai that the university had planned to expand its educational network in the province.
The Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) VC, who called on the Balochistan governor in Quetta, briefed him about the proposals of upgrading the university’s educational facilities in the province, a press release issued here said.
The VC said the university was providing free matric-level education to the students from Balochistan, besides other financial support to them under its scholarship schemes.
The AIOU, he said, was laying special focus on improving quality of education and the students-related services through the smart use of new technology. Its regional offices were also being empowered to facilitate the students in their educational pursuits, he added.
The Governor lauded the services of the AIOU in the educational sector, and the new initiatives it has taken in upgrading the facilities, especially for the people of less-developed regions.
He appreciated the Vice-Chancellor for his personal efforts in ensuring access to quality education to all segments of society, through the distance learning system.
The governor assured his support in carrying out the University’s development activities, particularly for the people of Baluchistan.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020