Govt set to divide Punjab into two administrative units: Media
An Additional Secretary for South Punjab and an Additional Chief Secretary for Central Punjab will be appointed to handle public issues in the respective divisions.
It added that rescue services will be transferred from the home secretary to the additional chief secretary's domain.
Former Additional Secretary Pervaiz Masood while talking to Geo News, welcomed the development, adding that it would be beneficial for the public.
Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader Shaukat Basra criticised the decision, saying that only a separate province would solve the problems faced by the people of south Punjab.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021