Police surrounds Jahangir Tareen's house in Islamabad
According to media reports, the PTI stalwart was not inside his home when police officials arrived. The motive of police surrounding Tareen's residence is still under the wraps.
Tareen while talking to newsmen confirmed that a contingent of police arrived outside his residence. He claimed that police had been sent to his home for the first time.He would that his party would not retreat from the objectives citing the slated protest on November 2.
The police left the surroundings of law maker's house after some time without any formal investigation.
The move came just a day after Jahangir Tareen moved to Lahore High Court seeking disqualification of Premier over the involvement of his family members in offshore businesses.
Earlier rumors were swirling that the government could arrest key PTI leaders ahead of Islamabad lock down call. Some sources claimed that PTI supremo Imran Khan could also be put under house arrest to block party's show down in capital.
Although no formal arrests have been made as yet, still doubts are looming over government's policy to combat PTI's power show.
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021