PM Imran gives approval to establish 120 accountability courts
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday granted in principle approval to establish 120 accountability courts in accordance with the directions of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
Earlier this year, the apex court had ordered the Ministry of Law to establish at least 120 courts for speedy disposal of corruption cases.
A statement issued by the ministry said that initially thirty courts will be established owing to financial constraints.
Whereas the remaining courts shall be established in phased manner keeping in view the workload.
“The Prime Minister was further pleased to direct the Establishment and Finance Divisions to extend full support to implement the decision of establishment of additional Accountability Courts e.g. creation of posts, HR related issues, provisions of finances, etc,” it added.
Moreover, Parliamentary Secretary on Law and Justice Barrister Maleeka Bokhari gave a briefing regarding creation of Special Courts to prosecute gender based violence crimes, which includes rape and sexual abuse against women, children and transgenders.
The initiative of the Ministry of Law and Justice was appreciated by the premier, who has directed the Ministry of Law and Justice that after due consultation with the relevant stakeholders, to separately move a comprehensive proposal to bring amendments in the existing laws and establish the Special Gender Based Violence (GBV) Courts across the country.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addresses special UNGA session (VIDEO)01:49 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade11:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan condemns assassination of top Iranian scientist Mohsen ...10:58 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020