LHC forms medical board on Sialkot girl’s sex-change plea
LAHORE – The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday ordered formation of a medical board on the issue of gender-change surgery of a girl.
The court also sought a report from health authorities concerned about the surgery (sex-change) of the girl.
Justice Jawad Hassan passed the orders on a petition filed by one Saba, a resident of Sialkot, for permission to undergo a gender-change surgery.
The petitioner's counsel argued before the court that his client was 30-year old and she started feeling physical changes in her body at an early age.
He pleaded with the court to grant permission to undergo a gender-change surgery.
But, the court questioned how it could grant permission to someone for a gender-change surgery. Under what law, such a step could be allowed, it added.
Subsequently, the court ordered the formation of a medical board and sought a report.
The court granted opportunity to respondents for filing the reply to the petition and adjourned further proceedings.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020