PU, LCWU, MNS-UET and Sargodha University get acting vice-chancellors
Earlier, the competency of the appointment of vice-chancellors by the Punjab government was challenged in LHC.
"The court while declaring the stance as accurate ordered to the PHED to issue the notification in this regard and appoint senior professors as acting VCs over the recommendations of the search committee", reports Dunya TV.
Punjab University’s VC Dr Mujahid Kamran has been dismissed from his post and Dr Zafar Moeen has been appointed as the acting VC, according to an official notification.
Dr Rukhsana Kausar will be the acting VC of Lahore College for Women University, Dr Zubair of Nawaz Sharif Engineering University Multan and Dr Ishtiaq of Sargodha University.
After the court's order, an implementation report regarding the court’s verdict will be presented the on the next hearing.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021