Indian PM Modi to attend SAARC summit in Islamabad: Fatemi
During an interview with a private TV channel, Fatemi said on Sunday that being a host country, Pakistan would work out specific convenient dates for holding the event in consultation with other SAARC members. However, he admitted that it could probably be held in November this year.
Fatemi said as per norms, a formal invitation would be hand-carried to the Indian Prime Minister.
About the Pathankot attack, the SAPM said that the world acknowledged Pakistan’s firm stance on terrorism and commended its attitude and policy. He said Islamabad Declaration between Pakistan and India held ground.
He said the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) would complete its probe into the Pathankot incident this week whereas the Special Investigation Team would also visit India.
About prospects for meetings between the delegations, including foreign secretaries during the summit, he said that under one roof intensive and constant meetings were expected.
He said for holding Kabul-Taliban direct talks, they were exerting ‘very limited influence’ to convince Taliban. “We have been making it clear for both sides that there is no other option except reconciliation,” he said.
- Police Martyrs Day: COAS Bajwa pays tribute to cops for their ...01:25 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Authorities remove animals from Afridi's house over neighbour's ...12:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran fields Abdul Qayyum Niazi as party candidate for Azad ...12:16 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 'Mystical Shayari' duo booked for ‘obscene’ photoshoot in front ...11:50 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Saudi woman uses water bottle caps to set new Guinness World Record11:44 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021